Now accepting applications for drug incinerators.
The West Virginia Attorney General’s Office and Public Health Trust’s advisory board will review and award grants in August 2016.
Criteria will include the following:
- Existence of a drop box program and the amount of drugs collected annually.
- Participation in the DEA’s Drug Take-Back initiative and the amount collected annually.
- Evaluation of law enforcement agency’s need for a drug disposal method.
- Percentage of drug-related crimes and number of heroin-related deaths in the law enforcement agency’s county from 2013 to 2015.
- Population to be served by drug incinerator.
- Location of the law enforcement agency and its ability to share the incinerator.
Download the incinerator application packet here.
Download the incinerator application here.
Return application to:
Office of the West Virginia Attorney General
Attn: Lia Palmer, Investigator
2012 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25311
Fax: (304) 558-0184