KIDS KICK OPIOIDS
West Virginia Attorney General's Youth Opioid Awareness PSA Contest Winners
The regional winners were Karli Campbell, Kalea Fleming and Brooklyn White of Logan Middle School.Southeastern W.Va.:
The regional winners were Glenn Wilt (Malcomb) of Marlinton Middle School and Clara Brown of Fayetteville Elementary School.Kanawha Valley & Tri-State:
The regional winners were Tavian Oliver and Johnny Hudson of Stonewall Jackson Middle School; Alissa Thaxton and Emma Sutherland of Hurricane Middle School; Brooke Martin and Morgan Casto of George Washington Middle School; and Kierra Slater of Sissonville Middle School.Mid-Ohio Valley:
The regional winners were Courtney Buchanan and Lily Shutler of Hamilton Middle School.Northern W.Va.:
The regional winners were Ashton Adams of Oak Glen Middle School, Shea Engle of Weir Middle School and Naomi Bowling of Doddridge County Middle School.North Central W.Va.:
The regional winners were Gwynn Tocco of Taylor County Middle School, along with Tali Sizemore, Anna Robbins, Carly Kniceley and Willow Colebank of Mountaineer Middle School.Eastern Panhandle:
The regional winners were Victoria Ames of East Hardy Middle School and Nicky Burkhart of St. Joseph School, along with Emi Smith, Brooke Kelly, Alex Pritts, Zach Hill, Hailey Evans, Kyah Lee, John Miller, Lindsay Nelson and Michael Gilman of Romney Middle School.
The Attorney General’s Fight Against Substance Abuse
- The Office teamed up with the WVSSAC, West Virginia Board of Medicine and the West Virginia Physical Therapy Association, among other groups to tackle opioid use in high school athletics.
- Our Office partnered with the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy to launch cutting-edge technology to help prescribers and pharmacists reduce opioid overprescription.
- The Attorney General formed a partnership with U.S. Attorney William J. Ihlenfeld, II to prosecute drug trafficking across northern West Virginia.
Find out all the ways our office is fighting against substance abuse in West Virginia.
- The Office, in collaboration with groups involved in the pharmaceutical supply chain, developed Best Practices Toolkit – suggested guidelines for prescribing and dispensing opioids - to curb the prescription pill epidemic in West Virginia.
Legal Actions Against the EPA
The Office of the West Virginia Attorney General continues to lead the fight against EPA's federal overreach on issues like coal-fired power plants, waters and wetlands, and methane emissions.
Learn more about how the Attorney General is fighting for West Virginia.
WVAGO Public Events
As part of the Office of the Attorney General's constituent outreach, our consumer representatives host public events throughout the state.
Find out when the Attorney General’s Office will be in your area.
The Attorney General’s Office enforces West Virginia consumer protection laws.
- Lawsuit against Volkswagen Group of America, Audi, Porsche and Robert Bosch for cheating government emissions tests.
- Landmark $160 Million Settlement with Frontier Communications
- $4.2 Million Settlements with Five Drug Wholesalers with DHHR and DMAPS
- $400 Million E-Book Settlement with Apple, Inc.
Learn more about what the Attorney General is doing to protect West Virginia consumers.